We are looking for a creative Mechanical Engineer to work on all product stages from research and development to design and manufacture, through to installation and final commissioning. The goal is to design and fabricate mechanical components of innovation and excellence.
Mechanical engineers provide efficient solutions to the development of processes and products, ranging from small component designs to extremely large plant, machinery or vehicles.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Perform a full lifecycle product development (design, develop, test prototypes, manufacture and implement)
• Design systems and components that meet needs and requirements.
• Produce outline designs.
• Conduct experiments methodically, analyse data and interpret results.
• Test and evaluate theoretical designs.
• Identify, formulate and produce effective solutions to emerging problems.
• Evaluate final product’s overall performance, reliability and safety.
• Alter and modify design to meet requirements and to eliminate malfunctions.
• Estimate budget and scope of project.
• Solicit observations from operators.
• Prepare product reports and documentation.
• Engage in lifelong learning and develop new theories or methods.
• Designing and implementing cost-effective equipment modifications to help improve safety and reliability;
• Developing a project specification with colleagues, often including those from other engineering disciplines;
• Developing, testing and evaluating theoretical designs;
• Discussing and solving complex problems with manufacturing departments, sub-contractors, suppliers and customers;
• Making sure a product can be made reliably and will perform consistently in specified operating environments;
• Managing projects using engineering principles and techniques;
• Planning and designing new production processes;
• Producing details of specifications and outline designs;
• Recommending modifications following prototype test results;
• Using research, analytical, conceptual and planning skills, particularly mathematical modelling and computer-aided design;
• Considering the implications of issues such as cost, safety and time constraints;
• Working with other professionals, within and outside the engineering sector;
• Monitoring and commissioning plant and systems.
Skills and abilities
You will need to show:
• Working experience with product lifecycle management (PLM), finite element analysis (FEA) and computational fluid dynamics (CFD)
• Hands-on experience with computer-aided engineering (CAM) and computer-aided manufacturing (CAE)
• Familiarity with 2D or 3D engineering design and manufacturing tools (e.g., AutoCAD, ProE or other)
• Adequate knowledge of engineering analysis tools (ANSYS, ProMechanica or similar)
• Mathematical computing and analysis tools knowledge (Matlab, Excel, LabView etc)
• Solid understanding of core concepts including mechanics, kinematics, thermodynamics, materials science etc.
• Creativity and analytical skills.
• Ability to communicate technical knowledge in a clear and understandable manner.
• Technical writing skills.
• A high level of technical and scientific knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to practical problems;
• Good oral communication skills and confidence in dealing with a wide range of people, including clients, contractors, designers, directors and plant operators;
• Precise and concise written communication skills;
• The ability to work well within a team;
• IT skills, particularly computer-aided design;
• Creative ability;
• The ability to work under pressure;
• Organisational skills, such as time and resource planning.
Interested candidates should have;
• HND/B.Eng in Mechanical Engineering or any relevant options.
• Proven working experience.
• Additional qualification/certifications might be an added advantage.
Mode of Application
• Interested candidates should forward their CV details to philyarkintegrated @gmail.com
• Candidates can also opt to send their Fullnames, Date of Birth, Current contact address, Valid phone number, Age, Years of experience and Job applying for to 07063729232
• Candidates should comply with all requirements and instructions enlisted failure to do so will lead to AUTOMATIC disqualification.
• Candidates should only call the phone number attached to the advert daily during working hours of 8am-4pm (Monday-Saturday).
• Only shortlisted candidates would be contacted